At Techfindr we are committed to protecting the privacy of everyone we deal with in line with the new European Data Protection regulations (Regulation (EU) 2016/679). This Policy notice tells you how we collect, use and store the personal Information we collect and what are your rights.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
Techfindr is a Cyber Security Talent Sourcing firm and we accompany you on your journey to finding a successful career move. We are gathering information via the following channels:
- Through our website when you submit your CV via our Job Section
- Via third-party job boards and candidate databases such as: LinkedIn
- Via Social Networks such as: Facebook, Twitter if you are following our page.
- We can receive your information from one of your friends/colleagues as they recommend you to us
- From Networking events that we organise, sponsor or attend
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In order to keep our candidates informed about market trends and job opportunities, perform background checks when required with your consent. We will collect store and process the following information about you:
- Contact details
- Education details
- Employment history
- Employment Preference
- Referee details
- Immigration status (whether you need a work permit)
- Nationality/citizenship/place of birth
- Financial information (where we need to carry out financial background checks) or process payment if you are in a contract agreement with us
- Details of any criminal convictions if this is required for a role that you are interested in applying for
- Current financial package such as Salary, Benefits etc.
- Information on your interests and needs regarding future employment
- Any additional information relevant to your job search that you choose to tell us; your referees or our clients may tell us about you
- Screening notes
- The dates, times and frequency with which you access our services
- Email exchange between you and our consultants.
Techfindr is acting and contacting candidates on your behalf only for positions that we were instructed to do so. We act as a partner of your company and promote your company’s opportunities in the best possible way to your future employees. The below is a list of information we hold to help us offer you the best quality recruitment service in the market:
- Contact Details such as email, phone number, address
- Details of the contact person in the company such as HR, Hiring Managers, Accounts
- Details about the nature of your business such as industry, services provided, locations, number of employees etc
- Benefits Packages
- Details about your culture
- Details about the technologies you use
- Details about team structure
- Details about your hiring plans and past hiring trends.
We’ll collect the details for our contacts within your organisation, such as names, telephone numbers and email addresses. We’ll also collect bank details, so that we can pay you. We may also hold extra information that someone in your organisation has chosen to tell us.
HOW WE STORE THE INFORMATION
Techfindr is using Bullhorn as our internal database. Bullhorn is committed to protecting the data it holds and is doing so by employing reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the personal information it processes. When the Service is accessed using Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 5.0 or higher, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology protects information using both server authentication and data encryption to help provide that personal information is safe, and secure while in transit. Bullhorn also implements an advanced security method based on dynamic data and encoded session identifications and hosts the Service in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced technology to protect against interference or access from outside intruders. Finally, Bullhorn provides individual usernames and passwords that must be entered each time a customer logs on. These safeguards help protect against unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and provide for the appropriate use of personal information. Nevertheless, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is one hundred percent (100%) secure. The service is cloud based and the data is currently held in a data centre in the UK.
In addition Techfindr has the following safeguards to ensure your data is secure we use best of breed technology to secure our network and all of our devices including all mobile devices and laptops / desktops. This software is audited and updated regularly. Coupled with this we have moved towards a paperless office for the environment and also for our client and candidates data.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Techfindr will use your information to provide you with a first class recruitment experience.Below is a detailed list of how your data will be used by Techfindr:
- We will use the information we have to match your skills against an open position
- We will contact you via phone, email or social media to inform you about opportunities you might be interested in
- We will submit your profile to our clients for opportunities you have reviewed and agreed to be submitted for. We will not send your CV anywhere without your consent
- Likewise, we will not submit CVs to our clients without being instructed to do
- We will contact your referees to perform background checks with your consent
- We will contact you via email and social media for marketing purposes such as informing you about open roles, networking events, promoting blogs and other market information
- We will contact you occasionally to obtain updates on your career and job preference
- We will contact you to offer our services to you or your company
- We will ask for your help in obtaining market information and trends via email, social media channels, phone or various surveys
- We will analyse the data we have on you to compile various reports around salaries, skills availability, skills levels and other recruitment related reports
- Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us;
- Facilitating our payroll and invoicing processes
- Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between Techfindr and third parties in relation to your recruitment
- Verifying details you have provided, using third party resources (such as psychometric evaluations or skills tests), or to request information (such as references, qualifications and potentially any criminal convictions, to the extent that this is appropriate and in accordance with local laws).
HOW LONG WE STORE THE INFORMATION FOR
Techfindr will hold the data for as long as it is accurate and relevant to the recruitment service we are offering. We will delete your personal data from our systems if we have not had any meaningful contact with you (or, where appropriate, the company you are working for or with) for two years (or for such longer period as we believe in good faith that the law or relevant regulators require us to preserve your data). After this period, it is likely your data will no longer be relevant for the purposes for which it was collected. When we refer to “meaningful contact”, we mean, for example, communication between us (either verbal or written), or where you are actively engaging with our online services. If you are a candidate we will consider there to be meaningful contact with you if you submit your updated CV onto our website or contact us with queries about opportunities we have advertised. We will also consider it meaningful contact if you communicate with us about potential roles, either by verbal or written communication or click through from any of our marketing communications.
WHY WE PROCESS THE INFORMATION
Techfindr uses legitimate interest as a lawful basis for processing your data as it is impossible to conduct our business otherwise. By keeping in touch and building up our database we aim to grow our business and revenue. By using legitimate interest, we commit to protecting your interest, being transparent, fair and ensuring your data is protected and the processing data will not cause you harm in any way.
In some circumstances we rely on consent for processing your data. These include, representing you in front of a client or contacting you for marketing purposes. Consent can be given via phone, face to face or in written.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF DATA
We may transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) to help you find the best fit in terms of your job search-for candidates only if you are seeking employment outside the EEA or find the best resource for your requirements-for clients. When doing so we will inform you and ensure we have your permission to do so as well as ensuring the same standard of data protection is applied outside of the EEA to these transfers and the use of the information, to ensure your rights are protected.
YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF YOUR DATA
If you are not happy with our policy or believe your data is processed for reasons outside of this policy please contact us using the contact details below and we will deal with your request without undue delay, within a maximum of 30 days.
You have the right to:
- Access Request – You can request a copy of the data we hold on you
- Change Request – If you believe the data we hold is not accurate you can contact us and ask us to make the relevant changes
- Cease processing – If you would like us to stop processing you data you can contact us and we will immediately do so unless we have a legal ground to continue processing
- Withdrawing Consent – If we have asked for your consent to perform certain activities you have the right to withdraw that consent and we will cease that activity with immediate effect. To do so please contact us.
- Data Portability – Right of data portability: If you wish, you have the right to transfer your personal data between data controllers. In effect, this means that you are able to transfer the details Techfindr holds on you to another Recruitment Agency.
- To allow you to do so, we will provide you with your data in a commonly used machine-readable format that is password-protected so that you can transfer the data to another online platform. Alternatively, we may directly transfer the data for you. Please fill in this form if you would like your data to be transferred.
- Erasure Request – You can contact us anytime to ask us to delete all the data we hold on you. You can do so by filling this form.
- Filing a complaint – If you feel your data is processed in an unlawful way and your interests have been harmed you can file a complaint with the the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner. You can contact them in the following ways:
Phone: (+353) 57 8684800 or (+353) (0)761 104 80 or 1890 252 231 (Local)
You can get in touch with us via the following channels:
Address: Unit 3, Listowel Business Centre,Clieveragh Ind. Est, Listowel, Co.Kerry
Phone: +353 (068) 58118
*Please note we have the right to and we may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time.